1. Introduction & General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of Ace Gazette services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- what information the Ace Gazette may collect about you;
- how the Ace Gazette will use information we collect about you;
- when the Ace Gazette may use your details to contact you;
- whether the Ace Gazette will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
2. Who are we?
The Ace Gazette is created by 3 traders who are providing trading related information free of charge everyone as and when they can. We also have many volunteers beside community members who are contributing free content for everybody.
The certain sections of the Ace Gazette such as certain sections of the ace forums and ability to post in forums may require registration to view and/or participate in discussion or to contact other registered users. All registrations are free. No registration fee whatsoever charged.
We hope to create a traders network community where all traders may be helping each other to improve their trading skills.
When we refer to "we" or "our" or "the Ace Gazette" we are referring to the AceGazette.com.
3. What information will the Ace Gazette collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of the Ace Gazette’s services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, telephone or text the Ace Gazette, vote, donate money to a Ace Gazette charity appeal, book tickets for a Ace Gazette event or create an account using the Ace Gazette’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable the Ace Gazette (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. if you're sending in an application to be a ace trader on the Ace Gazette we may need to know your past trading history in general). When we do this we will provide further information as to why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
4. How will the Ace Gazette use the information it collects about me?
The Ace Gazette will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and inquiries;
- for "service administration purposes", which means that the Ace Gazette may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in section 5 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide;
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to personalize the way Ace Gazette content is presented to you (e.g. if the first thing you look at every day on the Ace Gazette website);
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries;
- to analyse and improve the services offered on Ace Gazette websites;
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. The Ace Gazette may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes; and
Where the Ace Gazette proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
5. When will the Ace Gazette contact me?
The Ace Gazette may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that the Ace Gazette can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Ace Gazette products or services;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to the Ace Gazette, e.g. on the Ace Gazette message boards or via text or voice mail message;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about the Ace Gazette services (participation is always voluntary); and
- for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below)
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
The Ace Gazette will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, activities or online content where you have agreed to this.
7. Will the Ace Gazette share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 8 below. Generally, we will only use your information within the Ace Gazette. However, sometimes the Ace Gazette uses third parties to process your information on our behalf. The Ace Gazette requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and the Ace Gazette requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
8. Offensive or inappropriate content on Ace Gazette websites
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Ace Gazette websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on any Ace Gazette service, the Ace Gazette may use your personal information to stop such behavior.
Where the Ace Gazette reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), the Ace Gazette may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behavior.
9. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to the Ace Gazette. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
10. How long will the Ace Gazette keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the Ace Gazette. If you cancel your registration as a Ace Gazette website member and your account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while the Ace Gazette cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
Where you contribute material to the Ace Gazette we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
The Ace Gazette, as a free traders network platform receives and include many User Generated Content i.e. content provided by the public, volunteers and members. Therefore, some content submitted to, or shared with, the Ace Gazette may be retained for prolonged periods of time or potentially indefinitely in the Ace Gazette's Archive, which is true of quality contributions which are published. There may also be rare instances where we will share your contribution with third parties in the interests of maintaining historical archives. Where possible, we will endeavor to inform you up-front or let you know at a later date where we are likely to keep content indefinitely or pass it onto an approved historical archive.
11. Can I find out what personal information the Ace Gazette holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information the Ace Gazette holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge US$15 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
12. What if I am accessing Ace Gazette websites outside the my country?
13. Cookies Policy - Information the Ace Gazette collects from you
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
On Ace Gazette websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
c. Third Party Cookies in embedded content on Ace Gazette pages
Please note that during your visits to Ace Gazette websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to the Ace Gazette or the Ace Gazette’s contractors. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. The Ace Gazette does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these. Find out more about third party cookies in embedded content.
d. Ace Gazette cookies and how to reject cookies?
If you wish to control what cookies are set on your device through the Ace Gazette website then you can find out how to do this in the About cookies page on the Ace Gazette website. It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, this means that certain personalized features cannot then be provided and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the websites' features.
Email: jblawyer[at]gmail.com (please replace [at] with @)
Last updated: March 2015